Friday, May 16, 2014

Soundtrack to a rainy work day

It's crunch time! This week, next week, and the following are all I have left before my trip to Fiji and Beirut, which is now confirmed. A + I will be supporting two civil society meetings, on gender and climate change (Pacific) and social protection and tax policy (Arab States). I'll also be doing some traveling (pointers welcome!) - my guidebooks came yesterday and I'm already making lists.

My main task this week, which I've been plugging away at at Regus business lounges (shared workspace = genius idea, with added perk of eligible bachelors, apparently), is to compile background documents for the two meetings based on ongoing sustainable development processes at the UN. It's involved a lot of shuffling documents and copy and paste, so I've been listening to music while I work. My iTunes hasn't been updated in a while, so this has involved lots of flashbacks: Elgar Cello Concerto in E Minor (high school), and the Kronos Quartet cover of this one (early college):


No comments:

Post a Comment